The GIRA Adventures are not just incredibly cool and exclusive. But also affordable!
The teams can be of up to 3 people, but you can also travel if there are only 2 of you.
And if you are alone, don’t worry, we’ll find another thrill seeker to travel with you!
What is included in your Rickshaw Adventure:
- The Rickshaw rental! Undoubtedly, the best vehicle ever!
- Basic insurance, covering damage to third parties (but don’t be reckless!) and theft
- GPS on the Rick
- A wonderful kick-off party! yes, there will be a party before you start your adventure, an occasion to meet all the other teams and socialize.
What is NOT included:
- The fuel for the rickshaw. It should be roughly 10 to 15€ per day on average
- insurance for damage to the rickshaw. Be careful, this is a true adventure. Don’t tempt fate
- Any kind of support, help, soothing or pampering along the road. No concierge and luggage service (you have to put everything in or over your rickshaw)
- Flights, trains or travel arrangements
- Food and drinks and accommodation.
That is why we don’t take care of your flights or travel arrangements.
We start and end our adventure in places with international airports or easily accessible by public transport.
All Adventures are structured the same way.
The eve before the start, The GIRA organizes a party where all the crews can meet, and set up an operative brief. We strongly advise you to arrange all the flights, trains or transfers in order to be at the party! For the return journey, try to deliver your rickshaws at the arrival by 5PM. You can therefore book a late evening flight or train.
As you have read and understood what it’s all about, you should know The GIRA is an experience of freedom: no set routes and the possibility to choose to go wherever you like. If you like to keep everything under control, here is some advice to book your accommodation in advance:
– You can easily manage to drive for 220-250km (135-155 miles) per day. The average speed of our three-wheelers is about 45km per hour (28miles per hour)
– Look for blogs and suggestions from people who already travelled with us last summer. You’ll find a lot of tips and addresses and indications. Look for instance on the “handluggageonly” blog, or google #thegira
You can also consider sleeping in a tent or on a beach!
As soon as possible! We have a lot of rickshaws, but not an endless number! So, hurry up in order to be sure.
If you have any problems later on, we guarantee full reimbursement if you cancel within 5 working days from the start of your Adventure.
.P.S. The GIRA is addictive. The organization accepts no responsibility for Rickshaw sickness after the Adventure!
there are no other costs from our side.
We only will ask you for a refundable deposit of 500€.
It is a simple safety procedure for us to guarantee that the rickshaw will be returned in good spirits and conditions.